I am an eclectic reader who enjoys books in several different genres. They’re are so many wonderful books to be discovered- I will never understand why so many people limit themselves!
Here are some of my faves. (couldn’t possibly name them all!) Perhaps one will also be your cuppa tea.
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3 Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint (urban fantasy)
4. Memory and Dreams by Charles de Lint (urban fantasy)
5. Widdershins by Charles de Lint (urban fantasy)
6. Little Big by John Crowley (fantastical, surreal novel about a family connected with fairies)
7. Watership Down by Richard Adams- classic novel about rabbits searching for a new home. Beloved by children and adults
8. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters- set in 19th century England. orphaned girls, mistaken identities, prisons, and lunatic asylums, love and betrayal.
9. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson- eerie, ambiguous haunted house tale
10. We’ve Always Lived in the Castle- by Shirley Jackson- Merricat is interested in witchcraft. Her older sister recently returned from prison after poisoning several members of their family. Or did she? A gothic novel filled with macabre humor