In my short time having this blog, I’ve discovered my Astro Sis (waves hello to Digital Dame). And now, in the wee hours of the morn, I have learnt of my Telepath Sis: LeftyWritey.
This afternoon, while I was procrastinating taking a break from writing, I went over to Ms. Uppington’s Blog. (All Things Good) Scrolling down, I came across a post that somehow I’d missed. She’d written a Meme back at the end of January, and further, she’d Memed me.
So, today I spent some time wondering what little tidbits to reveal. And just short moments ago, at 2 a.m. in the morning, I received an email from Ms. Lefty. Out of the friggin blue, she asks if I know I was Memed a month ago, and am I going to write one?
Um. Yeah. I am.
1. If I wasn’t aiming to be a full-time writer, I’d want to be a professional researcher of some sort. Whether it be anthropologist, archeologist, historian, or parapsychologist. The wonderful thing about writing fiction is I can combine my never-exhausted imagination with my interest in these fields of study.
2. I love chess. Bring it on.
3. I collect Agatha Christie novels. Didn’t intentionally set out to, but having discovered I owned almost all hers in English, and a few in German, I figured I should get them all. And that older pulp covers would be fun to get too…
4. I never go anywhere without a book in my purse. (except like last week when I ran to Customs to pick up a package and ended up in the waiting room for two hours)
5. I’m superstitious. Never open an umbrella inside or walk under ladders. I figure people must have had some reason for these warnings; and hey, better safe than sorry.
On that same note: I believe in the Sock Fairy and the Pen Fairy. Really. They exist. Buy a new package of socks and see how long it takes before half of ’em disappear. Now, the Pen Fairy, rather than being an all-out thief like her cousin, always returns the pens. She just likes to put them back where they never were. Or, hours later, where they were supposed to be, but weren’t.
6. I love Farscape. Otherwise known as “Crack TV”. And, like any self-respecting addict, try to hook others. You want rich storylines filled with complex, realistic characters? TV episodes filled with drama, laughs, romance, adventure, goofiness all rolled in one? Just start watc…
7. I much prefer old black and white films to modern. Often feel as though I were born in the wrong time, except I want today’s conveniences and Rights. So, basically I belong in some alternative history/ Steampunk novel.
So. There. Done.
I’m not going to Meme people as I’m not sure who’s been tagged already. But if you feel like procastinating, this is a fun way to do it. So carry on…