music playing: Imogen Heap’s, “Sweet Religion”
I woke up about 4:30, lulled in bed, and wondered what to blog about today. What a sweet surprise to go online and discover I’d received an award from Unfocused Me: http://theunfocusedlife.com/.
“This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes of self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
How sweet! Writing is such a solitary art and craft that it is invigorating to connect with other writers. To speak (even if it’s only online) to those who understand when you complain of character’s misbehaving, the inability to sleep because of stories haunting you, and the joys and frustrations of turning sparks of ideas into full-length novels.
The bad thing about awards like this is who to award? Obviously, I wouldn’t read your blogs if I didn’t love them; so please don’t feel neglected if I didn’t choose yours. I immediately took off those Unfocused Me already awarded. Then I figured I’d pick 6 blogs I’ve read for awhile now, and 2 new ones.
So, here I award 8 bloggers who reach out to their fellow writers:
1. The always gracious DD : http://fillingspaces.wordpress.com/
2. The sharp Marian at Flights of Fantasy: http://marianperera.blogspot.com
3. The always thoughtful Uppington: http://uppington.wordpress.com/
4. The exuberant Leftywritey: http://emilymurdoch.wordpress.com/
5. http://venusreinvented.blogspot.com/ I’m a new reader of this blog, but I am already impressed with her kindness and enthusiasm
6. http://colbymarshall.blogspot.com/ Because Colby always makes me giggle. And laughter keeps me sane.
7. Jewel at http://pink-ink-pink.blogspot.com/ because she’s always kind. And she writes horror!
8. Lis’Anne at http://lisanneharris.wordpress.com/2009/03/ Another blog I am a new reader of. I award her for being a great motivator.