music playing: Air en G de Bach
My great pal (and really talented writer) Ms. Emily Leftywritey created a little survey for writers on her blog.
Here it is, with my answers:
1) Where do you write?
In the living room with my netbook on my lap.
2) When do you write?
My best hours are ten p.m. to seven a.m. So, I tend to stay up really late some days, or get up really early on others.
3) Planner or Pantser? Pantser for the first drafts. Once I know what my story truly is, then I do a chapter outline.
4. coffee or tea? I love both. depends on my mood.
5) Pen and paper, or computer? computer for the actual writing. I love jotting down ideas in my paper journals.
6) What gets you in the writing mood? Writing, itself. I’ve noticed the more I write, the more I want to write.
As for inspiration, just about everything inspires me. I’m a magpie like that- attracted to shiny ideas everywhere.
7) What pulls you out of the writing mood? Tiredness.
8 What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever read/heard/received?
“Inspiration comes from the writing”. I’ve found that to be true. I used to wait to be in the mood. That’s fine if you write as a hobby. But if you want to be a professional writer, you have to be able to write sometimes when you don’t feel like it. When you’re blocked, you have to type away, even if it’s crap at first, until the answers come to you.
9) Got muse? Yup. She helps me as long as I prove myself to her by working hard. When I get lazy, she takes off. She hates sloth.
10) Who is the biggest supporter of your writing? Luckily, I have tons of support. My family and friends have always encouraged me. I know I’m blessed for that, because a lot of writers don’t have that same kind of support. I’ll say my parents, because they were my first supporters.
Okay, if you would like to do the meme, just go over to Leftywritey’s blog and leave her a note. You should go there anyway because she’s made of awesomeness.