2. How many characters do you have?
Oh, an untold number of characters live in my head, awaiting their turn to be written about. But I’ll stick to the ones in PORTRAITS since they’ve been fully realized.
Just a quick glimpse at them:
1. Anne- My fiery 19 year-old protagonist. Lover of penny dreadfuls and Gothic Romances. Upon discovering her ability in communicating with the dead, she sets her ambitions on becoming a prominent medium.
2. Daphne- Anne’s cousin. Chess player, autodidact, polygot with an obsession with Tarot
3. Beth- Daphne’s taciturn younger sister. Artist and poet. Very strange objects can be found hidden in her room.
4. Sheridan- Daphne’s charming, gambling husband
5. Uncle Gerard- studier of the Occult. Spends a lot of time alone in his study
6. Grace- the omniscient servant
7. Mr. Raferat and Mrs. Brent- old friends of Uncle Gerard. Learned in the Occult and practicing Spiritualists, they are more than happy to aid Anne in her pursuit of knowledge
8. Mary- the very angry dead girl