music playing: Stevie Nicks, Nightbird
Things are very exciting right now. I have a full out on POTL (whispers this as not to upset the Fates), and have started researching and taking notes on my next supernatural suspense novel. Before blogging about the new novel, I wanted to write a couple of posts regarding Portraits, which will then be put together in a separate page.
The first is the novel’s cast of characters:
1. Anne Durrant: fifteen-years-old, imaginative, clever, intelligent, yet often foolish. Definitely not as sensible as she believes. Booksmart, but has a lot to learn about the dangers of real life. Her insatiable curiosity is both her greatest asset and her worst, for it might get her killed. . .
2. Daphne Hoffman Stowe: thirty two- years-old, married, highly intelligent, poised, and stoic. Loves science, history, and linguistics. Despite her scientific leanings, she is addicted to having her fortune read. Fears an ominous reading from a Gypsy. . .
3. Beth Hoffman: Daphne’s younger sister. The reticent spinster loves art, poetry, tarot cards, and waxen dolls. . .
4. Gerard Hoffman: Anne’s uncle. Father to Daphne and Beth. Scholar of the Occult. What does he do in his study?
5. Sheridan Stowe: Daphne’s husband. Uses his charm to get away with his drinking and gambling. What does he feel guilty about?
6. Grace Cullwick: the utterly devoted house maid. The only servant who remained after an exorcism went frighteningly wrong. Tender to her “family”, she is cold to all outsiders.
7. Mr. Raferat: Family friend. Retired anthropologist. Studies the occult. Larger-than-life world traveler who relishes good stories and obscure facts.
8. Mrs. Brent: Widow. Not-so-discreet lover of Mr. Raferat. Devoted Spiritualist. Overbearing and a bit daft, but with a great heart.
9. Mary- the young servant girl who haunts the Hoffmans’ house.
Who are the characters in your novel?